Shows – 1/12-1/14 and 1/19-1/21
Rehearsal / Show / Tech Calendar
Student CAPOUSD.ORG Google Accounts cannot view this file! Please logout of your student google account before viewing these links.
So that we can includes children of all ages and experience, we have 6 casts separated by age group: SCPA Juniors Cast (6-8 yr olds), Casts A and B (elementary school), Casts C and D (middle school), and Cast E (our high school, college and professional cast).
For Little Mermaid, Casts A and C rehearse after school on Tuesdays (at Chaparral Elementary), with Juniors, Casts B and D rehearsing after school on Thursdays (at Ladera Ranch Middle School). Casts C and D will also rehearse on Mondays. Cast E will rehearse Monday and Tuesday nights.
JUNIORS – Ages 6-8
- Thursdays 3:15 – 5:30 pm (LRMS)
CAST A – Approx. ages 8-11 (Elementary School)
- Tuesdays 3:00 – 6:00 pm (Chaparral)
CAST B – Approx. ages 8-11 (Elementary School)
- Thursdays 4:30 – 7:30 pm (LRMS)
CAST C – Approx. ages Middle School and up
- Mondays – Dance Rehearsal – 5:00 – 6:30 pm (Tesoro Dance Room)
- Tuesdays 4:00 – 7:00 pm (Chaparral)
CAST D – Approx. ages Middle School and up
- Mondays – Dance Rehearsal – 6:30 – 8:00 pm (Tesoro Dance Room)
- Thursdays 5:30 – 8:30 pm (LRMS)
CAST E – High School / College
- Mondays – Dance Rehearsal – 8:00 – 9:30 pm (Tesoro Dance Room)
- Tuesdays 7:00 – 9:00 pm (Chaparral)
- Cast E Vocal Rehearsals will be scheduled after auditions
*At times, we may need to put a younger child in an older cast to play a “young” or “small” role.
*Kids that fall on one of the age bubbles (usually 8 yr olds and 6th graders) may be placed in either age group depending on availability, maturity and cast sizes. Exact age breakdowns for each cast are determined after auditions, keeping in mind total enrollment with the goal being to keep each cast size equal.
Mondays – Tesoro High School Dance Room (Las Flores, CA)
Tuesdays – Chaparral Elementary School MPR (Ladera Ranch, CA)
Thursdays – Ladera Ranch Middle School MPR (Ladera Ranch, CA)
TECH / SHOW DATES
Tesoro High School Theatre
1 Tesoro Creek Rd, Las Flores, CA
Juniors – 1 Show – Saturday 1/13 12:00 pm
Cast A – 2 Shows – Sat 1/20 3:00 pm & Sun 1/21 12:00 pm
Cast B – 2 Shows – Fri 1/19 7:00 pm & Sat 1/20 10:00 am
Cast C – 2 Shows – Sat 1/20 8:00 pm & Sun 1/21 7:00 pm
Cast D – 2 Shows – Fri 1/12 7:00 pm & Sun 1/14 12:00 pm
Cast E – 2 Shows – Sat 1/13 7:30 pm & Sun 1/14 7:00 pm
Tuition includes show t-shirt, script, cast photo and costume rental fee
Juniors – $500 ($100/month)
Cast A/B/C/D – $600 ($120/month)
Cast E – $400 ($80/month)
*Tuition is due in full before auditions
Parent Volunteer Commitment – Mandatory
- To keep tuition costs down, we require each family to volunteer to help before or during shows.
- Commitment = 3 hours per cast member or 6 hours per family
- Volunteer hours are usually needed during tech week and shows (ex: door monitors, ushers, concessions, candy grams)
- Volunteer Buyout is available for $100 per cast member, or $150 per family.
Tech Meals during tech week – Optional
- We have catered meals during tech week for parents who do not want to pack a meal
- approx. cost – $7 per meal
Program Ads – Optional
- To cover the cost of show programs, we sell “Break-a-leg” ads to parents which usually includes a photo of the cast member and some words of encouragement
- Break a leg ads start at $25
DVDs – Optional
- Approx. cost = $25
Photo Downloads – Optional
- Approx. cost = $5 for each or 5 photos for $20
- Each cast member gets one free photo download included in tuition
*link is below:
*Online Payment is OPEN!!! – link is below: